The Center of Research and Higher Studies on Social Anthropology (CIESAS by its initials in Spanish) is a public research institution of CONACyT’s Public Centers System. It was created in 1973 as Center of Higher Research of the National Anthropology and History Institute (CIS-INAH) by three prominent anthropologists: Gonzalo Aguirre Beltrán, Guillermo Bonfil Batalla and Ángel Palerm Vich; in 1980 it was reorganized to become today’s CIESAS. Social research takes place within this institution, as well as educational programs specialized in Anthropology, Ethnology, History, Linguistics, Geography, Sociology and Political Sciences. All this is carried out with strict scientific rigour and with full academic freedom and seeking to contribute to a better understanding of Mexico’s social and cultural phenomena. Since its creation, CIESAS has published the outcome of its investigations, as well as documents fundamental for teaching areas. CIESAS’s editorial catalogue includes more than 1,000 titles classified into collections based on their research lines. Some of our books are considered classic Anthropology works, other as true benchmarks of the cutting-edge Social Sciences. CIESAS also has periodical publications such as Desacatos (Disregard). Revista de Antropología Social (Social Anthropology Magazine), a four-monthly magazine that provides a central space to discuss about relevant anthropological and social issues.
- Name: Mario Brito Barrios
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +52 (55) 5487-3570, Ext. 1336
Books from this publisher:
- TO DRINK AND TO QUIT DRINKING. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS AND THE CONSTRUCTIONS OF HARSHNESS IN THE ALCOHOLISM RACE
- VOLUNTEERS FOR A CAUSE: GENDER, FAITH AND CHARITY IN MEXICO, FROM THE REFORM TO THE REVOLUTION.
- WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER KINSHIPS? THE CONSTRUCTION OF BLENDED FAMILIES IN MEXICO CITY
- NEW PERCEPTIONS OF THE MESOAMERICAN LANGUAGES
- WISDOM, LESSONS AND ADVICES FROM MAYAN ELDERS IN ZINACANTÁN, CHIAPAS.
- MIGRATION: NEW ACTORS, PROCESSES AND CHALLENGES VOL. II INTERNAL MIGRATION AND IN-TRANSIT MIGRANTS IN MEXICO
- MIGRATION: NEW ACTORS, PROCESSES AND CHALLENGES. VOL. I INTERNATIONAL MIGRATION AND LABOR MARKETS
- REASONS FOR THE DEMOCRATIC FAILURE. RUPTURES, CAPTURES AND RESISTANCE
- REASSESSMENT OF THE LINGUISTIC AND CULTURAL DIVERSITY IN MEXICO. AN ACCOUNT OF EXPERIENCES.
- IN DEMAND FOR JUSTICE AND SAFETY. INDIGENOUS WOMEN AND LEGAL PLURALITY IN LATIN AMERICA
- INDIGENOUS PEOPLES AND STATE IN MEXICO. THE STRUGGLE FOR JUSTICE AND RIGHTS.
- LIFE IN A SOUTHERN EDGE
- MATERNAL HEALTH AND MORTALITY IN MEXICO. BALANCES AND PERSPECTIVES FROM ANTHOPOLOGY AND INTERDISCIPLINARITY.
- MEGAPROJECTS, CAPITAL AND RESISTANCE. A LOOK FROM THE URBAN ANTHROPOLOGY PERSPECTIVE.
- SCHOOL APPROPRIATIONS IN ETHNOPOLITICAL CONTEXTS. EXPERIENCES OF GRADUATES FROM INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION IN THE AYUUJK COMMUNITY
- THE BODY AS A TEXT AND EXPERIMENTAL AXIS OF PAIN. THE NARRRATIVES OF HARSHNESS AMONG TSOTSILES IN SAN JUAN CHAMULA