Due to the importance that research has in the development of society, in 2006, with a multidisciplinary and integral vision, an editorial program was developed and implemented to disseminate and spread in an effective and pertinent manner the works carried out by university members, anchored in the lines of generation and application of knowledge (LGAC) of the Academic Bodies or individually, carried out by professors-researchers attached to the schools, faculties, centers, and institutes. Also, to promote scientific, technological and humanistic research so that researchers could advance towards the recognition of the state and national research systems (SEI and SIN) and in the consolidation of their Academic Bodies. For this purpose, the editorial program "Collection of University Texts for the Strengthening of Academic Bodies" was created; coordinated by the Scientific Dissemination Unit of the General Directorate of Scientific Research. This program selects, evaluates, and approves the university texts supported by the Network of the National System of Researchers and academics of recognized prestige with the mechanism "Double blind" which allows to take care of the quality and relevance of the publications, establishing a policy of arbitration by academic pairs external to the institution. In 2014, the digital modality was introduced, along with information and communication technologies (ICT), editing titles, and optimizing the financial resources invested in production, without undermining the quality of the edition and the benefit of dissemination of technological and humanistic scientific knowledge. In 2015 the Autonomous University of Chiapas is integrated for the first time into the ALTEXTO National Network, which houses more than 50 university publishers, being selected with 4 university degrees from the editorial catalog of the General Directorate of Research and Postgraduate Studies, at the Ibero-American University Book Fair (SILU) in Medellín, Colombia. In 2017, the Autonomous University of Chiapas became part of the Association of University Publishers of Latin America and the Caribbean (EULAC), through the General Direction of Research and Postgraduate Studies. Participating with university degrees in the integration of the first 2018 catalog of Rights Sale, which will serve as a tool to promote the internationalization of our publications through their translation into other languages and the consolidation of co-publications.
Books from this publisher:
- Iconographic syncretism in the religious Architecture of Chiapas
- Mayan mythology and continuity, the creation of man and his environment
- REPRODUCTIVE BIOTECHNOLOGY IN RUMINANTS
- ACADEMICS AND INDIGENOUS. OBJECT OF STUDY AND DISCOURSES OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES IN CHIAPAS.
- MIGRATIONS, FAMILY ORGANIZATION AND SOCIODEMOGRAPHIC CHANGE IN THE CHIAPAS SIERRA MADRE. CASE STUDY IN TWO COMMUNITIES.
- TRADITIONAL FAMILY FARMING. RURAL EXPERIENCES IN MEXICO AND ARGENTINA.
- AN APPROACH TO THE NEW GRAMMAR AND MORPHOSYNTAX OF SPANISH
- EMPIRICAL METHODS TO ESTIMATE THE INFILTRATION RATE IN AGRICULTURAL SOILS AND SMALL HYDROLOGICAL WATERSHEDS
- INFORMATION LITERACY. SOCIETY, EDUCATION AND ORGANIZATIONS
- MANUAL FOR SELF–CONSTRUCTION OF HOUSING AND HEALTH SERVICES IN RURAL AREAS. STUDY CASE: OCUILAPA DE JUÁREZ, MUNICIPALITY OF OCOZOCOAUTLA DE ESPINOSA, CHIAPAS.
- LOCAL SETTLEMENTS AROUND THE EL TRIUNFO RESERVE. MULTIDISCIPLINARY STUDIES IN THE 1980S.
- GUATEMALA-CHIAPAS: ECONOMY AND BORDER
- TECHNOLOGIES, READING AND NEW LITERACIES
- MEDICINAL PLANTS. SALTO DE AGUA, CHIAPAS. MEXICO
- OIL PALM FARMING IN SOUTHEAST MEXICO: TECHNICAL AGENDA